Issue a full or partial refund of a payment that was originally made using Vyne. It is possible to execute multiple partial refunds against a single payment until the payment is fully refunded.
Vyne payments can have a
REFUNDED status, depending on the sum of all the refunds against the payment. Understand more about payment statuses here.
- The merchant begins the refund by creating a RRRR - Refund Request. The payments included will be checked to ensure they are eligible for refund.
- Confirmation of the payments accepted and refunds requested is provided in the RRRR - Refund Request response payload.
- Merchants are notified of the status of each refund using webhook notifications as it completes.
- Payments must have been made into a currently active settlement account to be refundable. Refunds cannot be made from merchant managed bank account. Understand how payments are received here.
- Currently, only GBP payments can be refunded.
- Refunds can only be initiated against payments that have a
- The sum of refunds on a single payment cannot equal more than the original payment amount.
- Refunds can only be made to the bank account that the original payment was made from (the payer's bank account).
- A payment can only have a single refund in progress at any time. Any other RRRR - Refund Request on a payment must have a
COMPLETEDstatus in order to initiate another RRRR - Refund Request.
- Payments over six months old from the current date cannot be refunded.
Before you begin your integration, make sure you've run through our getting started guide to sign up for an account, get an access token, and configure a callback URL.
Updated 2 months ago
Once you're ready to begin, start by requesting a refund.